As indicated by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS): “A ‘business associate’ is a person or entity, other than a member of the workforce of a covered entity, who performs functions or activities on behalf of, or provides certain services to, a covered entity that involve access by the business associate to protected health information. A ‘business associate’ also is a subcontractor that creates, receives, maintains, or transmits protected health information on behalf of another business associate. The HIPAA Rules generally require that covered entities and business associates enter into contracts with their business associates to ensure that the business associates will appropriately safeguard protected health information.”
To protect the privacy and confidentiality of our therapy clients and consulting customers, we have signed HIPAA compliant Business Associate Agreements with the following individuals and organizations:
- bilateralstimulation.io – used for EMDR therapy via telehealth
- Cayan Merchant Services (now known as TSYS Merchant Services)
- Directions EAP
- Doxy.me, LLC
- Executive Answering Service
- Kelly Services
- Kolleen Meyer-Krikac, MS, LMHP, LPC, NCC (Balanced Life)
- LanguageLinc, Inc.
- Maly Marketing
- Office Ally
- Physicians Laboratory Services
- Professional Choice Recovery
- Psych Select Software, LLC dba TherapyAppointment
- Sirkdot Innovations, Inc.